Friday, December 30, 2011

Position Decision

I'm torn on what to do with my position in Pfizer. I have made 17% since September 13th which is a huge run-up in price giving me an approximate 70% CAGR, even though that is no where near sustainable. My YOC is 4.31% and the current dividend yield is around 3.7%. I'm debating on whether I should sell and lock in the gain and put it to work in something else. Unfortunately the stock market has had a nice close to the year, I'm expecting continued volatility in 2012 giving much better entry points than current ones. If the current dividend yield gets down to 3% I'll be selling in a heartbeat. I'm putting in a a limit sell order at $26.67, the 3% yield price, as soon as this posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment