McCormick & Company: A Hold At Best At Current Valuations

Dividend | Stock | Investing | Valuation

McCormick & Company (MKC) is the largest player in the spice and flavorings sector, commanding ~20% market share. Roughly 80% of sales come from the consumer side, with the remaining 20% coming from the food service segment. The consumer side has seen a big boost due to the COVID-19 and the stay-at-home trend, and the share price has benefited greatly since the March lows.

ChartData by YCharts

Dividend History

For the core of my portfolio, I want to invest in quality businesses that have proven themselves over time. Often, a quick screen for that is the dividend history that company has amassed. A lengthy streak of growing dividends can help weed out the investment opportunities and help you narrow your focus.

dividend stock analysis, DIY, value investing, long term investing