Liebster Award Nomination
Last week I was nominated for a Liebster Award by both Asset Grinder and Roadmap2Retire. Thanks so much for the nomination guys! The Liebster Award is a given to bloggers by bloggers in an attempt to learn more about them and their blog. I really like getting to know the story behind the blog so the Liebster Award really helps with that. If you're nominated for the Liebster Award you're supposed to answer the questions given to you from the nominator and then nominate five other bloggers for the Liebster Award and give them five questions of your own.
Questions from Roadmap2Retire:
1. Who has been your biggest inspiration (investing or otherwise)? My grandfather has been one of the strongest and most influential people in my life. If I can grow up and be half the man that he was I'll be just fine.
2. What is your best advice to other investors (new and/or seasoned)? Stick with your investment program. No plan is going to lead every market situation all the time so come up with a plan you're comfortable with and become a master of it.
3. Which is your favorite city in the world? I haven't been able to see as much of the world as I'd like but some of my favorite areas are the islands in the Caribbean. Island time is so much slower than regular time.
4. If someone would take anything away from your blog, what's the one thing you wish they would? I just hope to motivate others to start down their own journey. Investing doesn't have to be difficult and everyone can do it. It's just a matter of taking the time to learn and having the will power to stick with consistent saving and investing.
5. What kind of music do you listen to? I listen to a little bit of everything but mainly it's country music. Actually old country music, guess I'm just an old soul. I also like to listen to 90's alternative/grunge music.
Questions from Asset Grinder:
1. What's your favorite TV show/Movie and why? My favorite TV show is/was Breaking Bad. I completely understand his desire to do whatever it takes for his family. Although I guess he did go a bit overboard.
2. What sports or physical activity are you involved with or what do you do for fun? I used to play basketball all the time with my friends but we just don't have the time to do that now. I like to workout at the gym but I also want to get in to hiking/biking. Both are great workouts disguised as fun.
3. How has your blog helped you and what have you learned from it? My blog really helps me to remain focused on the overall plan. Knowing that I'd have to write about some stupid purchase or anything along those lines helps me on the budgeting side. Plus there's a great community that continues to grow and it helps to learn from and motivate each other.
4. Where do you want to be in 5, 10, 20, 50 years? In 5 years I expect to be semi-retired and will either take a part-time job or at least a full-time job that's closer to home and is a lot more flexible. Hopefully 10 years and on I'll be fully financially independent and getting to do whatever it is I want. Some of the things I plan to learn about once I reach FI is photography, carpentry/woodworking and I'll be spending a lot more time camping outdoors. That and spending as much time as possible with family and friends.
5. What is your biggest strength and weakness in your quest for financial independence? My biggest strengths are probably that I actually enjoy researching companies and that I have a relatively inexpensive lifestyle which has the double effect of allowing me to invest a large amount each month and lowers the amount required to reach financial independence.
Fit Is the New Poor
Questions for the nominees:
1. Why did you decide to start blogging and why is your blog so great?
2. What's the worst financial mistake you've made?
3. I love to cook and try out new dishes, what's your favorite food? Specific dish or general cuisine.
4. What's the best piece of advice you've ever received?
5. If money was no longer a factor, how would you spend your days or what would you ideally do for work?
Thanks again Roadmap2Retire and Asset Grinder!